Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tired but Thankful

My dear...I've been walking around with a big toenail with a split in it for a week.  I cannot remember my feet looking this terrible since I was pregnant and couldn't reach them.  

Time has been escaping me like you would not believe.  I've been out of my house from 8am and not seeing home until midnight.  Rinse, wash, repeat.  This is the life that I asked for in a sense.  Nothing comes easy and I didn't expect this profession of mine to come off gentle.  I have to pay my dues to this industry before I can really start reaping in the rewards.  

There are some really trying days where my husband supports what I do and then there's moments where selfishly, we want nothing more than to feel each other's breath across each other's chest but...this career has its jealous streak.  Prep this, blanch that... Mise en place, mise en place, mise en place!  CLEAN AS YOU GO...behind you...HOT POT!  The scent from my Chef jacket is always entertaining.  Arroz con gandules and maybe a taste of Indian food.  Don't mind the stain on my pants...that's just pastry cream.  

My son loves what I do but I can tell that he misses me terribly.  One night, I was revising some resumes for over 15 students and while typing, I decided to phone home.  "Another night...here...just talk to your son..." That would be the loving frustration from my husband.  He wants me...need for me to be home but he doesn't want me to stop doing what I love.  My bad boy of greatness answers the phone.  I can hear his smile and smell his excitement through my crappy MetroPCS phone.  Nothing but bright hellos and chattering away of how he behaved in school.  

One more week babe...I'll be on my externship.  Better hours in corporate dining.  Early riser mornings, social life at night and so family friendly for home.  I can divulge into the photography world and pump some art into my veins.  I can feel it now.  Babe, just one more week and I'll give you three months of nights together.  After that, the real world awaits me, taking on a career that will once again be jealous of our sleep and then I will be on another conquest to be alone with you.  Sleeping in our bed, under warm blankets with our hearts embraced.

Buongiornio!

No comments:

Post a Comment